We’re happy to announce that Kelley has been selected to be a 2016 Docs In Progress Fellow!
She’s looking forward to getting great help and guidance for Eye Of The Beholder: The Art of Dungeons and Dragons.
The Docs In Progress Fellowship Program is a selective program for emerging Washington DC/Baltimore Metro area documentary filmmakers with works-in-progress.
Over the course of the Fellowship (between February and September), Docs In Progress is providing this cohort of filmmakers a monthly facilitated meeting where they will come together to share and hold each other accountable for progress on their projects, and have a facilitated discussion with each other and with special guest speakers about issues related to the documentary landscape, work/life balance, and the creative process.
In addition to the Cohort Meetings, the Fellows receive a series of other benefits as participants in the program:
- Guest talks by seasoned documentary professionals on topics ranging from work/life balance to time management;
- A professional development voucher which can be applied to a one-day or one-evening Docs In Progress program during 2016. This could be used towards registration for a one day or one night workshop or Peer Pitch.
- A 60-minute consultation with Executive Director Erica Ginsberg about their work-in-progress. This may focus on mentoring to help get a project ready to apply for a work-in-progress screening, Fiscal Sponsorship, or on questions related to structural development, fundraising, or outreach.
- Featured as a Fellow on the Docs In Progress website, including a photo and information about the work-in-progress.
- Fellowship Alumni Activities, including an annual mixer.